Water Treatment, Matawinie Mine
Mandate and Objectives
Nouveau Monde Graphite’s Matawinie graphite mine is an open pit project with a targeted production of 100,000 tons per year of natural graphite. ASDR was mandated to complete the study and engineering as well as the supply of water treatment systems, in particular to treat total suspended solids (TSS) and heavy metals.
Challenges and Issues
- Managing socio-environmental aspects due to the proximity of tourist sites, for example in terms of the choice of reagents for water treatment.
- Ensuring the project’s sustainable development.
Solutions and Achievements
- Optimization of the site water balance;
- Studies and engineering for water treatment and flowsheet development;
- Implementation of modular water treatment units with a flowrate varying between 100 m³/h and 200 m³/h.
- Client New World Graphite
- Services provided Mining Water Treatment
- Place Saint-Michel-des-Saints, Quebec