Modular Water Treatment, Côté Gold Mine
Mandate and Objectives
IAMGOLD’s Côté Gold mine is located in the Sudbury district of northeastern Ontario. The mine project holds inferred resources of 3.6 million ounces of gold. ASDR was mandated via the Aki-Caron to supply water treatment systems to treat suspended solids (MES) and heavy metals present in surface water.
Challenges and Issues
- Provide modular water treatment units that can be moved to different strategic locations on site throughout the construction phase.
Solutions and Achievements
- Modular water treatment units with a flow rate varying between 100 m3/h and 550 m3/h
- Supply of Geotube® sludge dewatering solutions
- Supply of consumables for water treatment operations (reagents)
- More than 500,000 m³ of water were treated over a period of 1.5 years (operations are still ongoing)
- Units are in operation at four strategic site locations using two independent water treatment plant systems
ASDR’s mobile units have been operating on site and demonstrated their ability to consistently meet environmental discharge targets across various conditions and locations on site.
- Client Aki-Caron et IAMGOLD
- Services provided Mining Water Treatment
- Place Gogama, Ontario