Modernization and Re-Commissioning of the Beacon Plant, Monarch Mining Corporation
Mandate and Goals
L’usine Beacon située à Val-d’Or peut traiter 1,8 million de tonnes de résidus, soit l’équivalent d’environ neuf années de traitement de minerai à pleine capacité. ASDR a été mandatée pour la modernisation et la remise en service de l’usine de traitement de minerai.
Challenges and Issues
- Working in an older, mothballed plant.
- Re-commissioning equipment that no longer had original spare parts available nor existing manuals.
- Upgrading equipment which was no longer compliant with the regulations in effect.
- Significant delays in procurement times and lack of specialized manpower due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Solutions and Achievements
- Dismantling of old lime tanks
- Re-commissioning of drum filters
- Installing and re-commissioning pumps
- Restoring power transfer equipment
- Modifying existing structures
The plant is now refurbished, and fully operational to support ore processing
By leveraging internal synergies with our Project Management and Engineering and Manufacturing centers of excellence, ASDR was able to deliver a cost-efficient project with schedule certainty, despite the COVID-19 situation. This was achieved by using technicians, manufacturing of special parts and quickly working to the needs identified by the maintenance team. The plant is now fully refurbished and operational to support ore processing objectives.
- Client Monarch Mining Corporation
- Services provided Plant Re-commissioning and Refurbishing of Equipment
- Place Val-d’Or, Quebec