The Windfall underground exploration mine required a ventilation and heating system for further exploration work. This project is located approximately 200 kilometres northwest of the City of Val-d’Or and 115 kilometres east of the Town of Lebel-sur-Quévillon.
- System design and detail engineering:
- Surface power distribution;
- Surface and underground equipment control (ventilation);
- Surface distribution container;
- Underground control panels;
- Manufacture a surface distribution container;
- Select and purchase instrumentation and additional control panels;
- Connect and wire the equipment and related instrumentation; and
- Program and commission the equipment together with the electrical equipment team.
Performance and results
- Installed a surface and underground ventilation system; and
- Optimized burner fuel consumption (gas).
The entire project was completed at a cost of approximately $1 M, while the CAPEX budget totalled almost $2.5 M.