The Tighza Mining Complex is an underground gold project in Morocco’s Meknès-Tafilalet administrative region (Middle Atlas), 5 km from the city of M’rirt. To mine the deposit, the Touissit Mining Company mandated ASDR to design the mine’s infrastructure. The design criteria were defined in order to meet the client’s pre-established production targets.
System design and detail engineering (mechanical, electrical and structural) for the following infrastructure:
- Production shaft headframe;
- Winch house;
- Shaft-sinking platform;
- Shaft steelwork;
- Loading station (in progress);
- Access to various levels;
- Dewatering pump network;
- Main electrical power distribution on the surface and underground;
- Surface and underground equipment control;
- Shaft-sinking winder programming and commissioning;
- Communication systems; and
- Procurement engineering.
Performance and results
We designed the above-mentioned infrastructure in compliance with the applicable norms and standards, while keeping the safety of future users top of mind.