Goldcorp was seeking an experienced partner to manage the cost and construction of surface and underground infrastructure. The entire project had to be completed within 18 months.
- Manage the construction project’s costs;
- Provide geologists;
- Supervise infrastructure and development work, and all work related to wastewater ponds and water treatment;
- Develop a waste rock storage area, dams, pits and parking lot;
- Supervise civil, mechanical, pipefitting and geological work;
- Supervise the installation of surface buildings;
- Supervise the surface installation of burners;
- Supervise portal installation; and
- Operate the plant.
Performance and results
- Reduced the budget allowance in a context of optimal health and safety;
- Built a relationship of trust with the client;
- Ensured the long-term performance of work at Borden’s mine and other mining operations; and
- Overall assessment: More than $40 M.